Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mother's Instinct

I was pretty good at keeping the first 2 months of pregnancy under wrapped. I was pretty scared about miscarriage so I made husband promise that he won't say anything about the good news until I finished my first trimester. But there were people who had enough experience (and perhaps skills?) to guess that I was pregnant. Not because my body was any different mind you.. I looked pretty much the same prepregnancy. Maybe due to my built and the fact I always loose clothes so any changes would go unnoticed anyway. But my mom seems to have a sixth sense about this. After I missed my first period, she asked if I was pregnant and when I said I wasn't sure (this is before hubby went out to buy the pregnancy kit!), she said Insya Allah, God's willing I would be. How true that was.. And when we went back to my husband's kampung(or not so kampung) in Singapore, his beloved grandma actually noticed that fact when other people did not. I tell you.. these people sure have a sixth sense about all this. I wonder if I would have the same instinct when it's my turn to wait for little grandchildren of my own.. hahah..

No comments: